Creativity is a phenomenon whereby something new and somehow valuable is formed. The created item may be intangible (such as an idea, a scientific theory, a musical composition or a joke) or a physical object (such as an invention, a literary work or a painting). -Wikipedia
I think that there is a general thought that creativity has to be something “artsy”, when in reality it’s problem solving, doing something differently, and creating something new.
Without creativity in the world, our life would be bland. Imagine there would be no new songs on the radio, we would all dress the same (for ever), and our scientific and technological progression would stagnate. It would be like as if the world had stopped.
Here are my top 3 reasons why I personally think creativity is important
- Changes the way you think/ and your perspective (For us to grow, we need to learn new ways of thinking and doing things and this is enhanced when we are creative)
- Feels good (doesn’t solving a problem feel good? How about making something on your own like a new food recipe?)
- It makes our world a better place (inventions, new health break throughs etc..)
Top 3 ways to be more creative
- Try something new each day
- Keep a note pad (or memo list on your phone) for when you have any new idea
- Surround yourself with inspiring people you feel are creative (as much as you can)